View previous topic :: View next topic  
KairuTM

re: [Declined] Kyle, 874 ilvl, Death Knight, Blood.

Personal Information:

Your real name and age?

My name is Kyle and I am aged 21.

Where do you come from?

I come from the UK.

Can you speak/write English to a high standard?

Native Language.

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

My interests aside from WoW aren't many. I go to University three days a week to do Computer Science. I play games like League of Legends. 

Character Information:

Name:

Kyle - Tarren Mill

Class:

Death Knight

Level:

874 ilvl

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Kyle/advanced

What is your main spec:

Blood

Artifact Level:

31 Traits. 22 AK.

Whats your off-spec and OS artifact level?

Unholy, 21 Traits.

What is your current/previous guild?

Current Guild - Obscurity

Past Guild - Eradicate

What did you leave/want to leave them?

With Eradicate there was drama that destroyed the guild. We progressed well in HFC for a guild that wasn't that old but when it came to Emerald Nightmare we just had some problems between GMs and Officers and it ended up disbanding.

Your raiding experience, old and current content?

Hellfire Citadel 11/13M, Emerald Nightmare 2/7M.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

- Deadly Boss Mods 

- Details

- HandyNotes

- WeakAuras

- Tidy Plates

- GTFO

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter:

Right now on pre-pull I start moving at 3 seconds to compromise with the lack of mobility on a death knight. I pre-pot on 1 and then taunt at 0 if I'm going first. I will then manage my Bone Shield stacks to never fall below 5 as it I am talented to reduce Death Strike's Runic Power cost if I'm above 5 Bone Shield stacks, it also increases my maximum runic power by 10 passively.

If I am not i'll focus on trying to sit around 7-10 Bone Shield Stacks and make sure the timer doesn't fall off until it is my turn to tank. I'll try to prioritise using Heart Strike so that there is more Runic stored for when I need to use Death Strike when it is my turn to tank.

My job is to try make the healers job easier overall by managing cooldowns effectively. Such as making sure Vampiric Blood is up if I know I'm about to drop low because of a damage spike. As Death Knights are quite the weak class when it comes to taking hits from the boss as Death Knights are known more for their higher damage rather than survivability.

If I am out of options I have Dancing Rune Weapon and Icebound Fortitude to fall back onto. I have also played Death Knight for a long time and love finding what tactics I can avoid by using Anti-Magic Shell. For example I can skip one comet on Star Augur Etraeus every 60 seconds. I also have the Legendary Cloak which allows me to heal for all the damage absorbed so it adds a little more to my survivability.

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you chose these talents over others:

Heartbreaker - I chose this talent as it generates 2 more runic per target hit by Heart Strike. This coupled with Death and Decay allows for at maximum 5 targets hit at one time which produces an extra 10 Runic. On some bosses in Nighthold this is valuable as most fights have more than 1 add at one time. Such as Spellblade Auriel or Star Augur Etraeus. More runic means that there's less time required to save up for my Death Strikes. If the fight is PURELY single target I can use Blooddrinker as a talent option for single target. It was worth a lot more before the 17/01 hotfixes where it was nerfed by 40%. Even though it was nerfed it is still viable for single target.

Rapid Decomposition - I chose to use Rapid Decomposition as my talent 2 as this allows me to yet again gain a maximum of 15 extra runic power if i am able to stand in my Death and Decay for its entirety. Spectral Deflection is also an option on some fights. For example on Cenarius you would take this for the spears in the second phase as it makes it easier to deal with the damage.

Ossuary - Ossuary is a very important talent to have as it allows me to make Death Strike cost 5 less runic power when I'm above 5 Bone Shield stacks.  You should be managing your Marrowrend so that you never fall below 5 Bone Shield stacks. This allows you to cast Death Strike more frequently which in turn will help the healers. No other talent is really worth taking on this row.

Red Thirst - This is a great talent. Every time you cast a Death Strike which costs 40 Runic Power if you are managing your Ossuary correctly every cast of Death Strike will decrease the cooldown of Vampiric Blood by about 6 seconds per cast. This allows one of your main cooldowns to be up more often than usual.

Tightening Grasp - I use this talent as it allows Gorefiends Grasp to be on a lower cooldown. This is good for dealing with adds. It also allows Death and Decay to slow enemies which is also good for dealing with adds. You can also take March of the Damned to remove root effects and to make wraith walk last longer. Good on fights that require a lot of movement.

Foul Bulwark - If you manage ossuary correctly then Foul Bulkwark should be increasing your health by 10%+ at all times with 5 stacks of the Bone Shield. Can also take Rune Tap if you need an extra cooldown if you know a specific burst of damage is going to happen at this time.

Blood Mirror - I use Blood Mirror for fights where I need an extra cooldown to make sure I don't die. If I feel comfortable with the incoming damage I will switch to Bonestorm for the extra damage.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18879741/latest

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18879741/10/#boss=1873&compare=1

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/18879741/10/#compare=1&boss=1876

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

I can use Teamspeak for communicating during raids.

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

I can guarantee a 75%+ attendance.

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

I chose to apply to you as a friend of my recommended me to apply to your guild. You should recruit me as I made a extremely good usage of low ilvl in difficult situations. I am dedicated to high level progression and like working with my fellow tanks and healers.

How did you find out about us?

You approached the protection warrior I currently tank closely with and have created a chemistry with as we both have the same goals and perspectives on the game.

Elsayn
Veteran

re: [Declined] Kyle, 874 ilvl, Death Knight, Blood.

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a trial spot at this time. 

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum