View previous topic :: View next topic  
Last_Argument

re: [Accepted] Affliction Warlock Application

Personal Information

Your real name and age?

Hi my names Dale and I am currently 25

Where do you come from?

I live in South Africa

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Yes English is my home language 

Character Information

Name?

Glokkta

Class?

Warlock

Level?

Armory link?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Glokkta/simple

What is your main spec?

I play Affliction

Artifact level?

At the moment it is 36 soon to be 37

What is your off-spec and OS artifact level?

I play both Demonology(20) and Destruction(24)

What is your current/previous guild?

Sapped Cows

Why did you leave/want to leave them?

They moved Servers in hopes of finding more members to start mythic raiding. I would have joined them though i started off playing WoW in Defias and have made many friends along the way and many of my friends play on this server so therefore didnt want to leave.

Your raiding experience, old and current content?

I started playing Wow in the beginning of Cataclysm. Never seriously got into raiding but started raiding when DS came out. I was raiding on a ele shammy then. We managed to clear it and got quite far on HC i think to Ultraxion but i could be mistaken. In MoP I kind of dropped raiding again for a while until ToT launched and got back into again with my shammy and when SoO launched i Started raiding with my Warlock which we managed to kill up until i dont know if you'd call it HC or mythic but Malkorok. In WoD i raiding early content and clear highmaul HC and BRF HC and started mythic hellfire which I killed four bosses and then took a break for WoW for a while.

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take you take during the encounter.

Well affliction is mostly all dots so its to keep track of them and not let your dots fall off.  So for starters depending on what talents iv selected but say for argument sake its a raid boss and we off. So ill pre-pot just before the timer goes off. I then will proceed to apply a dot of agony and then corruption. Agony first in hopes that I will get more embers so i can dump few more unstable affliction on. Before I start my dump fest I will reap Soul and apply siphon life dot on. Then i will dump at least four unstable affliction on the boss if I have it. From there ill use drain life on the boss but the talented version of malefic grasp and as you have noticed I didnt summon a extra demon because I would be using Grimoire supremacy. From there its a kind of a rinse and repeat. I use mastery food not to sure what its called off hand now and the intellect flask. Always come prepared.

Please explain your talent choices? Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others.

My talents always have to change sadly depending on the fight. If its 1,2 or 4 targets so I'm constants changing and moving things around which does get slightly annoying i must be honest but its the life of an affliction warlock. for example on a boss thats just single target rotation id take the grimoire of supremacy,siphon life talent and soul effigy but if its looks to be three or so targets then ill take grimoire of sacrifice, sow the seed and conduit and so on. 

Please provide a combat log parse(Warcraft logs link or similar.

Can you use Team speak for communication during raids?

Yes i can

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75% + attendance?

Yes i can 

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

Once I had made contact I spoke to a officer from Uprising and they were extremely friendly and helpful in getting me ready to apply for the guild. And when i look for a guild its always great to have friendly people and a awesome atmosphere. Why should you recruit me? Well that is a tough question but I know my class well since iv played it for almost three expansion now if not always raiding. I can play all three specs. Iv always got my own materials and consumables with me so i dont beg from others. And.. its always great to have extra health stones and a portal at the ready :)

How did you find out about us?

I saw it been advertised on trade chat

Tirithil
Officer

re: [Accepted] Affliction Warlock Application

Thanks for the chat on TS last night, welcome aboard!

Let not Glory blind Thee
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum