View previous topic :: View next topic  
CompetentTheIncompetent

re: [Accepted] Competent - iLvL 872 - Restoration Druid

Your real name and age?

Harry - 25

Where do you come from?

Yorkshire

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Si senor

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

Overwatch, Battlerite, Ark, Rocket League.... - In all honesty, working/gaming mostly!

Character Information

Name:

Competent - Druid

Incompetent - Shaman

Class:

Druid/Shaman

Level:

Druid 872 (Equipped), Shaman 867 (Equipped)

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Competent/simple

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Incompetent/simple 

What is your main Spec?

Resto Druid

Artifact Level?

Druid - 27

Whats your Off-spec and OS artifact level?

Boomkin - 27

Enhancement Shaman - 24

What is your current/previous guild?

The Betrayed

Why did you leave/want to leave them?

Unfortunately, they are a recruitment heavy guild - this means that offering to be flexible with my Specs/Classes was to my own detriment. For example, they ask me to play Boomkin (When Main Spec was Resto), I spent a week+ prepping boomkin gear and Weakauras consumables etc etc etc, then arrive at the raid to be told I'm Resto. This is absolutely fine, I love resto - the same day they recruit a new Resto druid. Rinse and repeat for every spec I switch to. This is probably my own fault, but the leadership style didn't work for me. This was in addition to the fact they do not provide feedback after progression, so if progress was made it was just by some miracle everyone did their job right, rather than really being down to hard work on improvement.

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

Current Content - 7/7 HC EN, 1/7 M EN, 3/3 ToV N, 1/3 ToV HC

Prior to Legion, I was mostly a PvP player, focusing on RBGs. Whilst I've seen a lot of old content, it was never during the Live patch. I genuinely think that RBG healing has a lot of transferable skills for Raiding - for example, mana management and correct AoE heal rotation. 

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

Weakauras - I usually design my own for best results to my playstyle

DBM

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter.

Resto Druid Opener - Prehot tanks (depending on encounter). Deadly grace + Moonfire + Wrath spam if Lusting on Pull

As fight goes on, Ursoc - 1. Tranq after first Focused Gaze (Always communicate this with other healers in Raid, so as not to overlap heals)

2. Try to keep Rejuv up as much as possible

3. Innervate once early in fight, calling this out so other healers don't waste mana

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others.

Depends largely on boss encounter. For large aoe fights I will take Inner Peace (reduced Tranq cooldown). 

For a fight like ToV Odyn - Stonebark is absolutely vital to keep tanks up in last phase. 

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

Competent - Full HC EN except Nythendra - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/LbrxtjzD9YKvWHGc/#view=rankings&fight=3

Incompetent - Can only find this M Nyth kill at 860 iLvl, DPS is up since this I promise! 

- https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/WjxXZcKM4zdtPnRV/#fight=3&view=rankings 

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

Yeppers

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

I work 4 nights on, 4 nights off. So my shifts move forward by a day each week. Some weeks I'll have 100% attendance, some it will be less - I would say this should average to 100%

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

Good progress on EN, great guild name, recommended by a friend. I've also had a good chat with Mojo and Zulrayn which made my mind up to apply! 

How did you find out about us?

Funnily enough, another guild recommended you!

Mojozan
Raider

re: [Accepted] Competent - iLvL 872 - Restoration Druid

Hi ,  I did speak to you at length and you sound like a nice guy who should fit into to our community. You have taken time over you application and off some flexibility. I would definitely offer you a trial to see if its the right move for you

Good luck, 

Mojo

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum