View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gromurgul

re: [Accepted] Gromurgul 874 Destruction warlock

Your real name and age?

Dary 23

Where do you come from?

The Netherlands

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

Gymlyfe

Character Information
Please answer the questions below in as much detail as possible.

Name: Gromurgul

Class: Warlock

Level: 110

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Gromurgul/simple

What is your main Spec?

Destruction

Artifact Level?

Whats your Off-spec and OS artifact level?

What is your current/previous guild?

TheElderblood

Why did you leave/want to leave them?

I was an officer in theelderblood but I got tired of our guildleader who made a very negative atmosphere during the raids. So I left in search for a nicer raid atmosphere

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

I raided during burning crusade and wotlk, then quit for cata and pandaria, then returned to wow to raid highmaul in warlords, then quit as the next raid tier came out. Now i'm back in legion and I've raided 7/7 heroic EN. 

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

DBM, Tidyplates, weakauras, recount, bartender

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter.

I setup my demonic circle and gateway if nessesary, food buff flask , prepot at 2 seconds of the pulltimer. then just open up with my cooldowns unless the fight requires me to save them. 

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others.

Pretty straightforward, if there is a big add that stays up for most of the fight I will take my cleave talent (havoc), if there's lots of small adds I take cataclysm (aoe) otherwise I just go straightup single target dps

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zLnxk7rTvfFh36tP it's an old log where my dps was crap. more like 300-400k right now

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

If you can imagine a spectrum with casual to hardcore, i'm pretty far on the hardcore side. I want to go 7/7 mythic , but I don't need to be world first or anything. I'm happy if we are progressing through mythic at a reasonable pace, even if it's a couple % at a time on a boss. But if we don't raid mythic or we are not progressing for a couple of weeks I will start looking for another guild that is progressing because the expansion does not last forever.

How did you find out about us?

Found you on the forums

Viktis!
Officer Alt

Hi Gromurgul, thank you for taking the time to apply. The application seems brief, I don't feel I'm getting much insight from how you play your class. I should be able to get a decent understanding from what you've written as a non warlock player and the Warlock players in the guild currently should be able to critique you on what you've written. If you could add a little more detail then that would be awesome.

Additionally you wrote about not raiding Mythic or not progressing for a couple of weeks. We value loyalty here and community and that is what drives us forward. I believe these expectations are in some cases unrealistic (I'm thinking about how last tier it took the top guild in the world 3 lockouts to clear Mythic which is unheard of since Firelands). All guilds hit a roadblock on some bosses as all guilds have their weaknesses. The key part of progression is overcoming those obstacles. In my opinion 2 weeks sometimes is just an unrealistic expectation (in some cases).

That said provided your expectations for Mythic progress are realistic then I look forward to hearing more from you whilst the officers discuss your application. We are currently rebuilding our Mythic team as we discussed when we spoke yesterday but we are a Mythic guild and that is what we plan to raid.

Thanks

-Kolas

Gromurgul

Hey thanks for replying,

Grom's guide to warlock:

So after all of the setup and preperation before I pull I mentioned earlier I use my cooldowns, summon infernal and my blood fury racial, this is just to get a higher dps if the fight does not require me to keep them for a specific moment in the fight where something needs to be bursted down. My next actions depends on the fight, if there are 2 big adds/bosses that need to be cleaved down I will start by applying havoc to one of them and start my single target rotation on the other. If it's a single target boss I will just start with my single target rotation. 

My single target rotation goes as follows: 

Immolate > conflagrate > incinerate > incinerate > chaos bolt > dimensional rift 

Reasoning:

I apply immolate first to have it tick on the target and generate soulshards for me whenever it crits. Next I cast conflagrate because I use the backdraft talent which reduces the cast time for incinerate and chaos bolt cast with 30% After conflagrate I cast the afrementioned spells because that's the maximum you can get out of backdraft. Lastly you finish up with dimensional rift because as you can see in my rotation the second to last spell is chaos bolt which applies eridication which causes all damage against the target to be amplified by 12% for 6 seconds. This causes my dimensional rift (which is like a chaos bolt worth of damage) to hit 12% harder. 

My AoE rotation goes as follows:

Cataclysm > Rain of fire > conflagrate > incinerate (with fire and brimstone talent)

Reasoning:

Cataclysm applies immolate to all the target's which provides me with soul shards that I can spend to cast rain of fire, my best AoE ability. Usually I don't bother with casting 3 incinerates after a conflagrate because I will be gaining soul shards so fast that it let's me spam rain of fire all day. If however there is downtime between the soulshars I will cast conflag and incinerate.

For my talent choices I'd like to direct you to http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/destruction-warlock-pve-dps-spec-builds-talents as I mostly agree with their reasoning

Expectations from mythic:

I think you misunderstood when I said that I would look for another guild guild if we are not progressing. 

Before that I said:

"I'm happy if we are progressing through mythic at a reasonable pace, even if it's a couple % at a time on a boss."

A couple % progression on a boss every 2-3 weeks while we raid 3 nights a week is a pretty reasonable pace if you ask me.

Also I'd like to add that I don't feel like sitting idle for month's while you gear / recruit enough mythic ready people into the team. I'm willing to wait 1 month for you to put toghether a raid team, but after that i'm afraid I will have to look elsewhere as my patience has a limit and I want to get on with the mythic progression as soon as possible.

Elsayn
Veteran

Hi Gromurgul,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. I've talked it over with the officers and I'd like to offer you a trial spot on the raid team. Please /w an officer in-game for a guild invite. 

Welcome to the team

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum