View previous topic :: View next topic  
TalchiRS

re: [Accepted] Talchi 110 Shaman, Resto 860

Personal Information

Your real name and age?

Heidi, 25

Where do you come from?

I'm from Norway but now live in the UK while I study

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

Gaming and drawing is what I mostly spend my time doing, also study Computer Games Arts in University.

Character Information

Please answer the questions below in as much detail as possible.

Name: Talchi

Class: Shaman

Level: 110

Armory Link: Talchi

What is your main Spec?

Resto

Artifact Level?

What's your Off-spec and OS artifact level? 

Enhancement-16 

What is your current/previous guild? 

Nutrition/Wolfram

Why did you leave/want to leave them?

I left the realm recently as I lost my interest in PvP after legion was released. 

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content? 

I used to raid from Cata until Mists of Pandaria, mostly clearing normal and up to half of the heroic bosses in each tier. 

I had a delayed start in Legion due to customs stealing my PC for 6 weeks when I moved to the UK, but I have caught up now and this week managed to clear +8 mythic in time even with Grayfox's rubbish geared DK tank =P.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

Deadly Boss Mods, WeakAuras 2, TellMeWhen, 'Steal, Purge & Dispel', Pawn, Skada and BigDebuffs.

Briefly, outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter.

My current talent build is for M+ so it may look out of place, during raids I would change my rotation depending on the type of damage incoming and my healing assignments. I know normally major healing cooldowns are called by a raid leader or healing leader.

In a raid, my healing rotation will change a lot compared to how I heal in M+ because I will use a lot less spot healing and use a less mana intensive rotation. Although i lack legion raiding exp I can say that my healing rotation would roughly be as follows.

1. Cycle riptide so it is always on 3 targets, most of the time tank, off tank and a raid member with a dot etc.

2. Healing stream totem down pretty much on CD.

3. Healing rain on melee or ranged stack just before or during AoE damage.

4. Use tidal waves procs to spot heal tanks or prio targets that have taken spike damage, healing wave to save mana or healing surge if they are very low. 

5. Chain Heal for high healing output on AoE damage, in M+ you do not spec into chain heal and very very rarely use it, however in raids when specced into High Tide it is a strong heal and also the best way to keep ancestral vigor up on a large amount of the raid. 

6. Cooldowns like Ancestral Guidance and Cloudburst Totem are used to boost my healing output when it's needed, it is very mana efficient and lets my increase my healing to match heavy AoE damage phases. 

7. From running M`+ a lot I've been using spirit link totem as a tank external, during raids it can be used on the tank + offtank to save the tank holding aggro or used on a stacked group for 10% damage reduction and no spike damage deaths. 

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others.

Tier 1; Torrent:

In Raids I will swap to use torrent as the single target heals are used much less in raiding, this makes torrent overall a better healing increase. 

In M+ I run Undulation for increased tank healing output as it works well with healing surge in the higher level mythics. 

Tier 2; Gust of Wind:

In raids I will most likely take gust of wind for quick mobility with all the mechanics that require me to move out to drop pools or move away from a mechanic. However, if high mobility is required during a high damage phase I will take graceful spirit so I can spiritwalkers grace more often.

Tier 3; Lightning Surge Totem:

Stuns adds, can't really use this line much in raids so this is just my M+ choice.

Tier 4; Ancestral Guidance:

I use Ancestral Guidance to up my healing by 20% for ten seconds with no extra cost of mana.

Would use Crashing Waves if I was specifically focusing on tank/priority targets or running M+.

Tier 5; Ancestral Vigor:

Ancestral Vigor helps out the tanks a lot as well as everyone in raid that gets healed by my single target heals or chain heal. 10% max hp is really strong, for tanks such as blood DK it's even more noticeable. 

Tier 6; Cloudburst Totem:

Again a talent that increases your healing by 25% without using the mana for it. Great to charge up before incoming AOE damage.

Tier 7; High Tide:

Chain heal without High Tide does 210% the base heal, with High Tide it does 310% of the base heal. Taking this talent makes Chain heal worth the mana to cast and gives 4 targets ancestral vigor. High tide lets me increase my healing throughout the whole fight. I would take Ascendance for M+ or fights where either it is very short or insane burst AoE healing is needed on demand with little AoE damage between those phases. 

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

I do not currently have any logs, sorry.

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

Yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

Yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

My Partner has been raiding with you for a few weeks and It made me really miss raiding current content. I'm reliable and always looking for ways to improve.

How did you find out about us?

Through Grayfox =) 

Elsayn
Veteran

re: [Accepted] Talchi 110 Shaman, Resto 860

Hi Talchi,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. This is a good application and as such we would like to offer you a trial spot on the raid team. /w an officer for a guild invite.

Welcome to the team

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum