Grayfóx
Officer

re: [Accepted] Grayfóx - 860 Outlaw Rogue

Personal Information:

Your real name and age?

Luke Kellaway - 24

Where do you come from?

UK

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

Was assistant manager for a kennels since age 17 so huge animal fan, finished a degree in business 2 years ago and… I still haven’t got around to seeing the Warcraft movie.

Character Information

Name:

Grayfóx

Class:

Orc Rogue 

Level:

Armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Grayf%C3%B3x/advanced

What is your main Spec?

Outlaw Currently but working on Sin for raiding.

Artifact Level?

19 now, can easily get it to 21-22 but putting points into sin as the next 5 levels in outlaw sim at around +2% dps.

Whats your Off-spec and OS artifact level?

Sub – 21 and Sin – 17

What is your current/previous guild?

Wolfram – Defias Brotherhood

Before that I was alliance and in the guild Sanity – Defias Brotherhood.

Why did you leave/want to leave them?

Wolfram is great, a more PvP orientated guild, to pick up progress raiding I have to move on to a PvE orientated guild. 

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

Cata :

8/8 hc DS as dps DK

Mop:

5/6 hc MV, 3/6 hc HoF, 2/4 hc Toes – as DK Tank

11/13 hc ToT – as DK Tank

13/14 hc SoO – as DK Tank

WoD:

7/7 Mythic HM – as Boomkin

7/10 Mythic BRF – as Boomkin

Near the end of BRF is where the guild went on a break till HFC and I stopped playing PvE till Legion.

Legion:

7/7 EN Normal – as Outlaw Rogue

Mythic + 8 Court of Stars if that counts for anything.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

DBM

Tell Me When

NugComboBar

Tidy Plates Threat Plates

Weak Auras 2

Mogit - +50% DPS

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter.

Pre Pull:-

- MFD Roll the bones at 3 seconds

- Prepot at 1 second

- Open with Ambush – Ghostly strike – Saber Slash for 6cp then decide whether to run through or reroll.

- If the rolls are good then Rush + Dreadblades and instantly reapply ghostly strike when dreadblades ends.

Outlaw Buff Fishing:

On the Pull Grand Melee, Broadsides and Buried Treasure are all trash buffs as they will not directly benefit your Rush + dreadblades burst phase due to being energy and GCD capped. With lust this is even more of an issue. The best double roll on the opener is Shark infested waters + True bearing. The aim of outlaw to maximise dps is to try line up every dreadblades with a rush. The only buff I will sit with as a single buff if my rush is on cd is true bearing to bring it back faster or shark infested waters if my rush and blades cds are lined up to come back in 20-40 seconds. Due to my legendary ring jolly rodger sims a bit better as every saber slash does + 15% shadow damage. Of course rolling a 6 buff on any fight at any time turns you into a demi god with insane output for 50 seconds.

Survivability:

Of course on a Rogue you have many ways to reduce the damage you take during encounters, feint reduces 50% aoe damage which works on almost all aoe raid mechanics, 30% self heal if dipping low, vanish out of roots and cloak a large amount of magic damage from different mechanics. On top of this when outlaw has true bearing up it can have as little as a 30 second CD on its cloak of shadows. Every encounter I try minimize the damage I take that can be avoided, even though it takes a small amount of energy out of my rotation. A dead dps does no dps!

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others.

Tier 1:

Ghostly Strike – Top single target DPS

If I was constantly swapping targets I would consider Quick Draw, however even with Blunderbuss trait ghostly strike sims higher as it boost run through which is around 40% my damage done.

Tier 2:

Grapping Hook – for fights like Nythendra & Elerethe it lets you dps the boss and hook away to drop pools later than you would with other talents, also lets you leap over other hazards / pools or fast swap to another tentacle on Il’gynoth.

Acrobatic Strikes – This is great if the boss is going to require melee to move a lot to dodge mechanics and you don’t want to keep falling out of melee range, however 3 yards is not much extra room.

Hit and Run – Only used with the Legendary which I currently don’t have!

Tier 3:

Deeper Stratagem – Best synergy with dreadblades and marked for death, best overall dps increase and helps avoid overcapping CP.

Tier 4:-

Cheat Death – This is the go to prevent a one shot talent, it it however very weak if you are dying to sustained AoE damage or Dot damage. In all fairness 90% of fights if you hit cheat death its because you stood in fire not that it was needed.

Elusiveness – This talent can be strong if fights have a single target damage mechanic like a powerful dot or target a random player and charge, the +30% damage reduction is nice.

Iron Stomach – If you are going to need to often run out of healer range to drop pools or healers are struggling to aoe heal through a phase this can add to your self-survivability. 40% heal from crimson vial and +30% strength healthstone can really help out sometimes.

Tier 5:-

Dirty tricks – Only viable talent and useless on 90% of boss fights, but on the off chance there are adds that can be gouged or stunned it gives you access to that CC with no energy cost.

Prey on the Weak – Doesn’t work with outlaws stun -.-‘

Tier 6:-

Alacrity – Stacks up to 20% haste which gives the energy regen and mastery procs needed to sustain a good roation, best overall dps increase.

Tier 7:-

Marked for Death – Very much needed for the pre roll the bones on the pull, its CD gets affected by true bearing and it lets you have access to quick rerolls or burst aoe dps on adds by using it to chain execute the lowest health adds with MFD Run through with blade flurry active.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).
Im Afraid I don’t have any for legion yet, however if required I can link my boomie logs from BRF, my average percentile for that comes up at 80%

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

Yes, Working Mic and Headset.

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

Yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

There are several reasons for why I liked the look of Uprising: -

The slightly later raid times fit perfectly with work commitments.

You understand that people have real life and don’t push for split runs ect.

Great progress and strong roster, stable and not going anywhere soon!

Overall you seem to have the correct balance between progress and fun.

Why me…

I’m always looking to improve, helpful to others who need it and always up for helping out with guild events. I’m very progress focused on my own character but extremely non elitist when it comes to others in the raid. I also understand that the RL is the one calling the shots.

How did you find out about us?

WoW Progress

Grayfóx
Officer

Just as an update, I've pugged 4/7 hc for some xp and chance at better gear. Played sin spec and happily sat at 250-300k dps on all fights. Currently have level 20 sin daggers now but AK 7 so its going up fast, 24 for 3rd gold trait is the last major upgrade. 

Elsayn
Veteran

Hi Greyfox,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. We would like to offer you a trial spot on the raid team. Please /w an officer in game when you are ready for an invite.

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum