Where do you come from? Finland

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard? yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft? Dota 2, some singleplayer games

Character Information

Name: Alidan

Class: Warlock

Level: 110

Race: Blood Elf

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Alidan/simple

What is your main role - tank, healer or dps?

DPS

Whats your Off-spec? -

List your main professions and level.

skinning and mining

What is your current/previous guild?

Synergy

Why did you leave /want to leave them?

Too casual

How long have you played, and whats the current playtime on your Character your applying with?

72 days 6 hours, I mainly played in WotlK, and did hc ICC in a 10 man "Ruoste" finnish guild. Did pandaria flexible raiding with my priest as a healer.

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

WotlK, did pugs and filled random guild needs for raids and later did hc ICC in a 10 man "Ruoste" finnish guild. In legion, i have 6+ mythic runs, and Emerald nightmare cleared on normal, and 1/7 in  HC

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

never felt the need for anything. Recount just to monitor my dps output

What is your general play style? Please include what you would do pre-pull, opening rotation and then what actions you generally take throughout an encounter.

Really odd to tell about playstyle, since it pretty much varies on the boss. I just follow the tactics, while maintaining dots on boss and soul effigy, then if adds spawn i dot them and if needed, burst them burning soulshards. I always avoid "the fire", and as affliction can most bosses just self heal.

Please explain your talent/glyph choices. Where relevant please explain why you would change any of these.

I picked the most logical ones.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

Because you had decent clear on Hc, which indicates that you have guildies who can follow tactics. And you should recruit me because I'm a great addition to your raids. I strive to be the very best.

How did you find out about us?

wowprogress

Elsayn
Veteran

re: [Decline] Alidan, 110 affliction warlock

Hi Alidan,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. I must say that I am a little disappointed with this application given that we spoke previously and you were aware of the high standard we are looking for. Some notable things wrong here. 

Firstly, addons are a powerful tool to improve raid performance. Whilst not having them doesn't necessarily make someone a bad player, anyone looking to progress mythic content should at the very least be using a boss mod (DBM or Big Wigs). On top of that, Weakauras2 is almost limitless in its usefulness and many guilds (ourselves included) use addons such as Angry assignments to coordinate the raid better. Being unfamiliar with these addons is definitely a negative thing when looking to progress. 

Secondly, you didn't bother to explain your talent choices in anyway. I appreciate talents are a lot more fluid this expansion, however you gave no example of when you take effigy over singularity or change any other talents based on the boss mechanics. 

Bearing that in mind I'm going to have to decline your application at present. Thank you again for taking the time.

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum