View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swizler VII

re: [Declined] Swizler, 110, Warrior Protection

Your real name and age? David, 24 years old

Where do you come from? Originally New York City, but now I live in Switzerland

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard? Native language

Your interests away from World of Warcraft? Tennis, squash, any sport with a racquet.

Character Information
Please answer the questions below in as much detail as possible.

Name: Swizler

Class: Warrior

Level: 110

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Swizler/simple

What is your main Spec? Protection

Artifact Level? 32 rank, 17 knowledge, but as I will explain I have been catching up during the last few weeks. 

Whats your Off-spec and OS artifact level? Minimal, please see below for reason why.

What is your current/previous guild? As i recently moved to Switzerland, I had to start completely fresh a few weeks ago. I have grinded hard to prepare for nighthold and wish to join a guild now in EU. My previous guild was Nothing but Trouble US Arthas

Why did you leave/want to leave them? I left because I could no longer commit to the hours because of moving to Europe. Now that I am in Europe with a steady schedule, I can commit to your hours as I value people's time and wish they do mine. I simply could not stay up until 4am at that time to raid, as much as I love to progress. 

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?
Having started in WoD, I do not have a lengthy history. However, I take pride in that I was able to raid Mythic Highmaul and most of BRF in the few months I was learning the game. I had to stop due to geographical reasons, but am a fast learner as I had a very seasoned MT teach me during WoD progression. Current progression is minimal as I do not have a guild. I leveled myself through mythic plus dungeons but of course have cleared H EN, but have not found/did not spend the time to pug H Helya.   

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids? 
BLT raid cooldowns, DBM, TMW, Weak Auras (rage managment), skada, tidy plates 

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter. If I had to generalize, during progression I would pre-pot, charge in, get shield block up while activating battle cry and start generating rage for ignore pains. I enjoy smoothing damage for my healers and I am very efficiently communicative. With the recent changes to warrior, I am very focused on survivability and while a good tank maximizes dps while surviving during progression, I feel that my job is to be strong and dependable right now. Other general actions include efficicent CD usage and position of bosses for dps and strategies. 

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others. 

I play warrior for the mobility potential, therefore, I have spec'd into Bounding strike for fights like Odyn to help me reduce cooldown on heroic leap and increased movement speed. This has proved helpful in mythic plus dungeons as well; however, crackling thunder is taken the majority of the time. Additionally, If add pick up is an issue ever, I have spec'd into ravager becuase they took away my banner from WoD, but heavy reprecussions is far more effective. 

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar). Please excuse how out dated these parses are, but I have taken quite a long break from the game. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/6155271/6/#boss=1721&compare=1

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids? Yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance? Yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you? I responded to your reply on my forum post and spoke with one of your recruiters that said you guys needed a tank. As to why you should recruit me, I am extremely dedicated to raiding. There were times when I was getting up at 4am to raid until 7am because I was still playing on US servers with friends. Also, I work in finance and therefore am pretty handy with excel and can help optimize spreadsheets.

How did you find out about us? Your response to my forum post. Thanks for the consideration. 

Elsayn
Veteran

re: [Declined] Swizler, 110, Warrior Protection

Hi Swizler,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Unfortunately we are unable to offer you a trial spot at this time. 

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum