View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vegetabledruid

re: [Declined] Application Guardian Druid

Your real name and age? Marc, 18

Where do you come from? The Netherlands

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard? Yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft? Gym, other games sometimes

Character Information
Please answer the questions below in as much detail as possible.

Name: Artichoke

Class: Druid

Level: 110

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Artichoke/simple

What is your main Spec? Guardian

Artifact Level? 28

Whats your Off-spec and OS artifact level? Resto, 20

What is your current/previous guild? Autumn-Dragonmaw

Why did you leave/want to leave them? Ran the guild with my girlfriend but we split up

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content? Old content: Firelands hc, Dragon Soul hc and MSV hc, current content only half of EN heroic

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids? DBM, recount, bartender, FrenzyRegen

Briefly outline your play style. Including pre-pull actions, opening rotations and general actions you take during an encounter. Pre-pull I usually don't do much except for having eaten and flasked up, if needed I'll use rage of the sleeper for increased damage during BL.  I usually do thrash on cooldown, mangle on cooldown, moonfire on proc, and swipe the whole time in between.  I might use maul if it isnt a damage intense fight, in which I case I need to preserve my rage for ironfur or mark of ursol. I use survival instincts if things get sticky, same goes for barkskin, or I might use them if I know Im going to get a heavy hit. If I have taken a heavy hit, Ill use frenzied regeneration because the regeneration is highest after getting hit, and Id use ironfur/mark of ursol when rage permits me to in accordance to the boss/trash Im fighting (Magic vs Physical damage). Taunt if something runs off, skull bash as gap closer or interrupt, incapacitating roar for mass interrupt for trash and trinkets for sticky situations.

Please explain your talent choices. Give examples of what you take on a given boss encounter and the reason you choose these talents over others. I use blood frenzy to generate the maximum amount of rage needed for added protection or damage. I use guttural roars for usefulness in raids (added movespeed for entire group around you) and a bigger radius for mass interrupt. I use restoration affinity for Ysera's gift, which along with my legendary chest gives me 2.5% of my health back every 3 seconds, or heals someone with low health if mine is full which is really strong. I use mighty bash mainly for interrupting mobs, and the fact that the others are about as useless in a raid, so I just preferred this one. I use galactic guardian for more AoE and also single target in case moonfire procs, it's altogether the best talent for guardian, I use guardian of elune so that ironfur, mark of ursol and frenzied regeneration are empowered by a move that you always use on cooldown, and I use rend and tear over pulverize because it's a passive talent, that does AoE damage instead of an active ability that does single target damage. I might take pulverize in cases where there's no adds in a boss fight, though.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).  I can't give a log of a raid at the moment, and I doubt that dummies provide an accurate representation of tanking abilities because of the fact that you dont need to care about survivability or rage usage. Im always ready to do a mythic+ or whatever to test my abilities, though!

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids? Yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance? Yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you? Because it seems like a more friendly guild than all the purely professional ones, and a friend (Lizanna/Yukihira/Bo) is already playing in it.

How did you find out about us? Through Lizanna/Yukihira/Bo

Tirithil
Officer

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to apply! I have a couple questions, though.

What is your artifact research level? Not being at lvl 35 yet is a pretty big issue with Nighthold coming out. Can you reasonably get there before Nighthold (ie are you around lvl 22-25?) or is this not likely?

As a tank, we do require more attendance than the average member, as maintaining multiple extra tanks with proper Artifact levels and gear can be problematic. Hand on your heart, what would your expected attendance level be at?

You mention Bash being the only good solution for the tier of talents. Could you explain why you think so, why would you choose Bash over Typhoon for raiding? For M+?

I also would like you to give a better explanation of why you chose rend and Tear over Pulverize. When would you use each and why?

when would you consider choosing Earthwarden over Guardian of Elune?

Let not Glory blind Thee
Artichoke.mobile

re: Application re

My artifact research level is 21 at the moment, so Ill most likely be around 23 when Nighthold comes out but the very next week I'd be 25.

Furthermore I can promise about 90% attendance, because I might be gone some weeks for vacation or exams but on normal days it shouldnt pose an issue. I'll notify it whenever Im gone in advance.

I chose bash because in my experience Im more comfortable stunning one opponent instead of blowing them away with typhoon, because it causes a bit of chaos and if there's specasters they might stay on different spots out of my reach. It doesn't really bother me if you prefer typhoon for raiding however, since I can use them interchangeably.

I'd choose rend and tear over pulverize generally speaking because rend and tear causes a smoother gameplay imo, since it doesnt cause global cooldown being a passive, and pulverize does. Pulverize only boosts 2% of damage against pure single target targets afaik, and rend and tear should be better in any case where there's 2+ enemies. So Id switch to pulverize if theres a boss without any adds whatsoever.

I also am opposed to using earthwarden cause if you want  to use it effectively it inhibits your abilty to thrash at every cd, which blows my rotation out of the water and the benefits of guardian of elune are just too big, because it boosts my main defensive capabilities.

I hope this clears things up some more, if there's more questions feel free to hit me up here or ingame anytime

Tirithil
Officer

Your level is fairly low for research. How much time can you devote to farming AP the next few week before Mythic opens?

Reg. CC tier, Typhoon works independently of stun immunity and against a lot more enemies, allowing you better AOE interruption. To top that, getting stun immune happens quickly, if you can still AOE interrupt against a wall etc (ie worry about positioning while tanking) it becomes really, really good.

Rend and tear is a 6% dmg reduction and increase after 3 applications of Thrash given you hit all your enemies. Pulverize is up quicker and gives you a 9% reduction at the cost of no damage increase and works against newly spawned adds that you have not had time to apply 3 stacks of Thrash to. I feel you think Pulverize is only a damage reduction from your current target, while it is actually a buff on yourself that is a global dmg reduction.

Finally, regarding Earthwarden, I don't care about a regular rotation. What I do care about is a specific situation(s) where you would take this. I agree that on AOE it is shit, but can you think of  situation where you may want to use it? Please consider before answering.

Apart from that, we would like to have an interview with you on TS. If you could contact one of our officers in-game tonight around 20:00 server-time that would be lovely :)

Let not Glory blind Thee
Elsayn
Veteran

Hi Artichoke,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. For reasons we discussed we are going to have to decline this application. 

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum