View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imbaland

re: [Accepted] Imbalanxd - 110 Restoration Shaman

Personal Information

Your real name and age?

Robin Tyler, 28

Where do you come from?

South Africa

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

Yes

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

Mobile App/Game development

Character Information

Name: Imbalanxd

Class: Shaman

Level: 110

Race: Troll

Armory Linkhttp://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/dentarg/Imbalanxd/simple

What is your main role - tank, healer or dps?

Healer

Whats your Off-spec?

Enhancement

List your main professions and level.

Jewelcrafting - 764
Blacksmithing - 444

What is your current/previous guild?

None. Recently returned to WoW.

Why did you leave /want to leave them?

NA

How long have you played, and what's the current playtime on your Character you're applying with?

Played since Vanilla, though only reached level 59 before the release of TBC. Played during the start of TBC (Kara), then took a break and returned for MH and BT. Played at the start of WotLK, up to and including Ulduar. Played during cataclysm up to and including Firelands.
Playtime on this char: 49 days

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

•  Rinse-Sylvanas

TBC - WotLK (Naxx)

Cleared MH and BT, but guild lost too many members by the time sunwell came out so never attempted. Cleared Naxx and the dragons early on in WotLK then began the achievements, got bored and took a break.

• Purge-Sylvanas

WotLK (Ulduar)

Mostly did hard modes in Ulduar after returning from a few months break.

• Purge-Sylvanas

Cata (Firelands)

Played from the start of cataclysm but lost interest before any raids became available. Returned when Firelands was being released. Focused on heroics, clearing Staghelm, Rhyolith, Alysrazor early on. Too much emphasis was placed on Bethtilac early on which caused tentions within the guild, so ended up leaving before progressing past that point.

At this point I took a long break from WoW, skipping both MOP and WoD entirely.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

Grid + Clique for healing and dispells
DBM
Skada for per fight stats, recount for overall stats

What is your general play style? Please include what you would do pre-pull, opening rotation and then what actions you generally take throughout an encounter.

Generally I'll cast a single cheap heal on the tank prepull to buff ancestral vigor if I'm running it. Otherwise no other action.

Healing style varies a lot depending on the size of the group and the encounter, but my general rules are to avoid casting Healing Surge without tidal waves up, and to avoid overstacking tidal wave charges. I also monitor my overhealing quite closely, as it seems to be one of the most important figures when it comes to progression healing.

My single target heal rotation is Riptide followed by single target heals until Riptide is off CD or my tidal wave charges run out, and then repeat, typically placing Riptide on different, non tank targets, or if heavy throughput is required, using the initial Riptide heal on the same target repeatedly.

Raid healing involves heavy usage of chainheal, with interspersed uses of direct healing spells to make use of the tidal wave charges. I typically try to use cloudburst on cooldown if no massive spikes of damage are expected anytime soon, as its a highly mana efficient ability that does very poorly in unexpected emergency situations anyway. I also try to use healing rain on cooldown, if positioning is predictable enough that I know I will get good use out of the duration.

If not much healing is required, I'll switch to Flame Shock+ Lava Burst/Lightning Bolt spam, unless I know the fight is going to be very mana intensive, in which case I'll keep it to Lightning Bolt spam only.

Please explain your talent/trait choices. Where relevant please explain why you would change any of these.

My talents are currently 3311331, which is a build focused on mythic plus runs, as it emphasises single target spot healing. In a raid environment, my build would probably be 3313123, which puts greater emphasis on raid healing, which is what I would expect my role to be most of the time.

My traits currently look like this

I chose to get Queen's Decree first as it seems to be the most widely applicable and most effective golden trait available. I then chose to move towards Cumulative Upkeep, since it buffs healing tide totem to crazy levels of healing, when it is already an extremely powerful raid healing cooldown. I chose this option over Tidal Pools for its reliability, which I think is very important when it comes to healing, as well as the two traits on the way to Cumulative Upkeep, which greatly improve my raid healing ability as well.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar).

I don't have access to one

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?

Yes

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

Yes

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

A friend who raided with several of your members during WotLK recommended I apply. The guilds raiding times and general approach to raiding seems to suit what I am looking for.
I'm a skilled and experienced player who always looks for ways to improve my performance. I put in the effort to learn everything I can about a fight, even before I attempt it. 

How did you find out about us?

The guild was recommended by a friend (Orpa)

Elsayn
Veteran

Hi Imbalanxd,

thank you for taking the time to apply. I apologise for the delayed response, but your application has caused some back and forth amongst the officers. This is a fantastic application, however we are currently not looking to add any more healers to our roster. With that in mind, if you are open to it we would like to offer you a trial spot as a DPS (you said your off-spec was enhancement?). You would of course be our first go-to off spec healer if the need arises for a DPS to go heals (boss needs more healers or healers can't attend for whatever reason) but your trial will be as DPS and it would be what you will be playing most of the time. 

I fully understand if you would prefer to look for a healing spot elsewhere, and regret that we are unable to offer you one at this point. I just don't want to offer you something we can't provide is all. 

Let me know what you decide.

- Elsayn

Imbaland

Thanks for the response.

I'd like to take 2 or 3 days to familiarise myself with enhancement and upgrade my artifact a bit. I don't have much experience with many of the fights from a melee perspective, and would prefer to get some experience with that before undertaking a trial.

If that's ok, then I'll be in contact after that period.

Elsayn
Veteran

Thats absolutely fine. If in the meantime you find yourself without a guild you are welcome to come in as a social member until you are ready to begin your trial. 

If you want to discuss it in more detail, or have any questions feel free to add my battletag:

Ryslice#2657

I've reached the point where I'm happy with my enhancement play, and will be in contact shortly to join as a social member/begin my trial.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum