View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOCrisis

re: [Declined] Tusanisian - Unholy Death Knight - DPS

Personal Information

Your real name and age?: 

My name is Sam, I'm 21 Years old, turning 22 on September 25th.

Where do you come from?: 

I'm from the UK, Kent.

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?: 

I believe I can speak and write in English fluently, it is my native language.

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?: 

I enjoy playing a variety of different games, occasionally streaming those titles and watching movies, I also work a relatively demanding Job and socialize with a small group of friends outside, we'll occasionally kick it on Overwatch, WoW or any new game that comes out, but my main focus is and will be WoW.

Character Information

Name: 

Tusanisian.

Class: 

Death Knight.

Level: 

110. (iLevel 842 at time of application)

Race: 

Blood Elf.

Armory Link: 

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Tusanisian/

What is your main role - tank, healer or dps?: 

DPS.

Whats your Off-spec?: 

Tank.

List your main professions and level: 

21 Mining, 41 Enchanting.

What is your current/previous guild?: 

Current Guild is Violent Noise (Defias Brotherhood)

Why did you leave /want to leave them?: 

Unfortunately they are not what I am looking for in terms of a guild, I would like to progress with my experience in WoW, and I feel like the only way I can really get what I am looking for is to move on and join another guild which is more active in the areas I am looking to get better in, hopefully if I am able to join you guys and girls, I can get a good grasp of Raiding, form a close group of Friends in WoW who I can rely on and who are able to rely on me too.

How long have you played, and whats the current playtime on your Character your applying with?: 

I have to admit, I haven't played WoW for a very long time, the first time I joined, I played back when WoD was released, I hadn't really grown very fond of WoW when I played then, and since the new expansion hit, I have been logging on daily. - Currently, the Playtime on my Main Character is 4 Days, 3 Hours, 11 Minutes.

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?: 

Being one hundred percent honest, my current raiding experience is none, though I would like to be given the opportunity to show that I can pick up the task very quickly and prove to be a reliable team member.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?: 

I currently use Skada, AltzUI and DBM.

What is your general play style? Please include what you would do pre-pull, opening rotation and then what actions you generally take throughout an encounter:

I would generally open up an encounter with Defile (AoE Tick Damage), after this, Festering Strike to build Festering Wounds, once at 8 Festering Wounds, if I want to burst DPS, I'll use Apocalypse straight away which will also pop a few ghouls. Usually I'll then start the rotation again, with Festering Strike to build Festering Wounds, and then Scourge Strike to burst those wounds. If my runes are on cooldown, I'll use Death Coil to spend the built up points.

If I am doing AoE damage, again, I'll start with Defile and immediately Outbreak to spread Virulent Plague, once I have the whole group with Virulent Plague, I will use Epidemic to maximise the damage output, then break through with a few Scourge Strikes while standing in Defile's AoE.

Please explain your talent/glyph choices. Where relevant please explain why you would change any of these:

The vast majority of my talents are focused around large AoE damage in a very small time period, I believe that if I am able to achieve a large tick-rate of damage over a relatively short time period then this will benefit a group more as they will not need to focus on survivability as much since the fights will not last as long.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar):

I do not currently have one of these, but if you would like to give me a test run, I am more than happy to run a few dungeon runs to show you a standard scenario of my rotations / DPS.

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?:

I can and will be using TeamSpeak while raiding with the guild.

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?: 

Yes I can, no problem at all! :)

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?:

As previously mentioned above, I would like to be among one of the top tier guilds on the server I currently play on, I hope that I will be able to learn from some of the best players on WoW and up my game, learning which areas I need to improve in and what I can do to become a better player myself, I believe this is the opportunity I need and hope that I am able to become a part of your community and eventually show that I can put in enough work during dungeon runs, raids and any guild events in the future.

If you are looking for a dedicated player who is able to be around to rely on, I can be that person. I play a few different classes, though I main on a Death Knight. I also play Rogues and Druids, with two closing the gap and heading for 110 soon. Please give me the opportunity to show everybody I can improve and become a stronger, competitive player and help newer members of the group if they require it when the time comes around. 

How did you find out about us?:

I found out about the guild on WoWProgress.com, I have a few characters on Defias Brotherhood and the group is among the top tier guilds in WoW. Upon finding out, I asked Mojo, a member of your group, about the guild in general and how I would go around in terms of applying, he has been very helpful and given a few pointers.

Mojozan
Raider

Hi,  Nice application, we are very close to the raids opening up, try and get some logs on Weds or Thursday if you can raid with VN or pug a group. I am sure some of our DKs can have a look over your application if they want to pose you some questions. you seemed nice speaking to you this morning and good luck with the application. 

Arxonius
Trial Raider

Hello i'm one of the unholy death knights in this guild,

As for your talents and setup, talents you remain rather vague what you have selected in future if you make an application you're better of explaining why you took each talent if you can do so by painting an entire picture something what you tried to do but sadly with a bit of wrong information on your end.

In short bursting sores is not used in a raid setting unless you have the legendary bracers and even on that i'm not fairly certain, the reason for that is we already have a good default kite of aoe and cleave damage build in. Secondly you use epidemic as a talent but you prioritize it after defile/dnd, while i don't know the numbers behind defile, it won't be much more then dnd, side note Defile is not used in a raid setting again due to high cleave/aoe kit by default.

But back to epidemic, not using epidemic on aoe is a damage loss, it is even so that it beats out SS/CS on 2 targets already if the math from pre-patch is still correct. So you first use epidemic after outbreak ofcourse, then go to dnd don't build of wounds but spam SS/CS by the time dnd ends you should be 2+ stacks epidemic again, in between you use DC/DS (incase of proc as RP is regened per RP spend) to trigger  runic corruption.

Necrosis is not a bad talent but with our artifact already buffing SS/CS from time to time and DC hitting like a wet noodle we generally don't want to prioritize a DC over a SS/CS ever. so SI is a better choice.

No back onto something else you say you use a AoE build i'm going to tell you that for that to you do not use castigator what is a ST talent but you use CS, which scales better and does more aoe damage.

And finally your final talent choice, defile is not used as it's stationary, raid fights don't give you that luxury and often require you to pre-plan to put down any decent aoe, Soul reaper is by far superior due to the it being a good haste buff what can be used frequently and lines up perfectly with every other apocalypse. DA is also not a bad talent if you have the legendary shoulders there's no real consensus in the DK community yet if even then pulls ahead of SR (atleast i have seen no such sims) at lower gear levels (pre soft haste cap).

So in general i have to say i find your knowledge somewhat lacking as this is information you could have found to a lesser extend at icy-veins which is well maintained, later this month or early next month the theory crafting dk's from discord channel will also release an up to date FAQ guide what goes in far greater detail about certain class elements, also the mmo-champion death knight section is rather helpful if you wish to learn more about your class.

But as i said before, i'm merely a raider not an officer that deals with recruitment, best of luck.

arx

TOCrisis

Arxonius wrote:

In short bursting sores is not used in a raid setting unless you have the legendary bracers and even on that i'm not fairly certain, the reason for that is we already have a good default kite of aoe and cleave damage build in. Secondly you use epidemic as a talent but you prioritize it after defile/dnd, while i don't know the numbers behind defile, it won't be much more then dnd, side note Defile is not used in a raid setting again due to high cleave/aoe kit by default.

But back to epidemic, not using epidemic on aoe is a damage loss, it is even so that it beats out SS/CS on 2 targets already if the math from pre-patch is still correct. So you first use epidemic after outbreak ofcourse, then go to dnd don't build of wounds but spam SS/CS by the time dnd ends you should be 2+ stacks epidemic again, in between you use DC/DS (incase of proc as RP is regened per RP spend) to trigger  runic corruption.

Necrosis is not a bad talent but with our artifact already buffing SS/CS from time to time and DC hitting like a wet noodle we generally don't want to prioritize a DC over a SS/CS ever. so SI is a better choice.

No back onto something else you say you use a AoE build i'm going to tell you that for that to you do not use castigator what is a ST talent but you use CS, which scales better and does more aoe damage.

And finally your final talent choice, defile is not used as it's stationary, raid fights don't give you that luxury and often require you to pre-plan to put down any decent aoe, Soul reaper is by far superior due to the it being a good haste buff what can be used frequently and lines up perfectly with every other apocalypse. DA is also not a bad talent if you have the legendary shoulders there's no real consensus in the DK community yet if even then pulls ahead of SR (atleast i have seen no such sims) at lower gear levels (pre soft haste cap).

Hiya Arx,

Many thanks for the pointers, I am going to have a play around with the other talents and see if they benefit my play style further, I have to say, after already switching to Soul Reaper, I can definitely see a big improvement to the number output in Skada.

I have also decided to ditch Bursting Sores in favor of Ebon Fever, again I feel like the increased DPS is a big boost to the standard tick damage, and appreciate the advice on that too, I haven't had the opportunity to test it in a dungeon yet, but during standard grinding in Suramar, I seem to be killing things a little quicker than previously. 

Epidemic has been switched out for Pestilent Pustules, spamming SS after FS will give me a much better rotation and a higher damage output due to the additional rune granted.

I've stuck with Castigator for obvious reasons, as I believe it is far superior to the other couple of talent choices in that tier. I did run with Clawing Shadows before, but gradually figured it wasn't worth it just for an opportunity of ranged attacks. 

For the time being, Corpse shield seems like my best opportunity to take a few more hits in the event I end up taking aggro, though the additional time period from Spell Eater is definitely desirable also.

Necrosis also hasn't changed, I am still using this as the potential to gain an additional 35% damage from SS seems well worth the slot.

Hopefully with these changes I can see an improvement in DPS during dungeon runs and potentially raids if given the opportunity!

Cheers.

Elsayn
Veteran

Hi Tusanisian,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Unfortunately we have very few spots left at present as this application is not to the standard I would require to offer a trial. With that in mind, I'm going to have to decline your application. Thank you again for applying, best of luck finding a guild.

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum