View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chillacube

re: [Declined] Selectium, 110 UH/Blood DK

Personal Information

Your real name and age?

My name is Pascal an I'm 19 years old.

Where do you come from?

I'm from Germany

Can you speak/write in English to a high standard?

I can both both write and speak English to a high standard.

Your interests away from World of Warcraft?

I'm working fulltime, in my spare time I like to read fantasy books aswell as taking care of my dog, and (most people don't believe me when I say this),

Character Information

Name: Selectium

Class: Death Knight, Unholy/Blood

Level: 110

Race: Bloodelf

Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Selectium/simple

(The armory hasn't updated for me yet, so you may see my level 100 character there.)

What is your main role - tank, healer or dps?
My main role is DPS.

Whats your Off-spec? My off specc is tank.

List your main professions and level.
733 BLacksmithing, 747 Mining.

What is your current/previous guild? I have not been in a guild since the end of BRF.

Why did you leave /want to leave them?
There was drama in the guild, which is why I left back then.

How long have you played, and whats the current playtime on your Character your applying with?
I've played since the end of BC and started casually raiding in WotLK, my /played time on my Death Knight is 8 days and 22 hours.

Your raiding experience, Old and Current Content?

I was actively, casually raiding since the beginning of WotLK. In WotLK, I cleared ICC on several characters. In Cataclysm, I nearly finished the End Time. In MoP I went inactive for a longer period since the content wasn't interesting to me, at the middle of SoO i started playing again and got into a semi-progressive guild. And then in Warlords I got inactive a few months after the game launched and I got level 100 because of my RL, but then started again in, again, a semi-progressive guild. We cleared Highmountain and got pretty far in BRF. That is the time our guild leader and raid leader had different opinion about things, which is where the guild split. I started off on a new realm (Defias Brotherhood) with a friend of mine after being inactive for a bit, that helped me get started again and get ready for HFC.

What addons do you use to help your performance in raids?

I use Omen, Quartz, WeakAuras, Deadly Boss Mods and ElvUI.

What is your general play style? Please include what you would do pre-pull, opening rotation and then what actions you generally take throughout an encounter.

I generally try to play the encounter near perfectly. I try to see what the boss does, avoid stuff on the ground while staying near the boss to DPS. Pre-Pull I build up Runic Power by casting Army of the Dead at about 5 seconds and Death and Decay shortly after before the pull timer goes off, pre-pot at 1 second. Shortly after the pull I'd use my Dark Transformation.

I don't know when to exactly use my Artifact ability yet as it's a 1.5minute cooldown, I'd generally say in the burst phase with Bloodlust and my second pot (or at the beginning, if the burst phase starts there).

As a Tank, I generally try to keep up my bone shield above 5 stacks for my talent to go active (Death Strike costs 5 less runic power) and follow the encounter mechanics. Gorefiends Grasp smaller enemies scattered around to AoE them down, Deathgrip enemies that are further away/Targeting someone else but a tank/Position said NPC etc., avoid the stuff on the ground and use my survivability cooldowns respectively.

My Blood Artifact ability I'd use to heal myself and damage the boss/adds when needed as it's only a 45 second cooldown.

Please explain your talent/glyph choices. Where relevant please explain why you would change any of these.

As Unholy I use Ebon Fever as T1 talent as it gives me a flat-out DPS increase in single-target and AoE. If there is a fight that needs a lot of AoE over a long period of the time, I'd think about taking Busting Sores though.

My T2 talent is Pestilent Pustules, the only talent worthwhile taking in a normal encounter where you need single-target damage if you ask me. For AoE, I'd take Epidemic.

The T3 talent is Castigator for me, being able to quickly have a lot of Festering Wounds on the enemy and being able to just as quickly get them down for more damage is something I've seen spike my DPS quite a bit in previous content. In a fight where I am not able be in melee range for a longer time, I'd switch to Clawing Shaodws, replacing my Scourge Strike for a ranged attack.

My T4 talent is Sludge Belcher, haven't found a lot of use for the other ones in raid at all.

T5 is Lingering Apparition to give me some more mobility which is something the DK doesn't really have anymore.

T7 is Shadow Infusion for me to be able to use Dark Transformation more often and increase my DPS. For AoE, I'd take Infected Claws to burst more Wounds for AoE damage.

My T8 Talent currently is Dark Arbiter for the high DPS increase (1% per spend Runic Power, which normally is about 105-140% more damage), although I will try switching to Soul Reaper for a bit to test it out at level 110.

Please provide a combat log parse (Warcraft logs link or similar). I haven't thought of joining a raiding guild since now, so I cannot provide any logs as there are no logs created for me.

Can you use TeamSpeak for communication during raids?
Communication in raids is mandatory for me, so yes, aswell as Discord and Mumble if needed.

We raid Wednesday, Thursday and Monday 20:30-23:30, can you guarantee 75%+ attendance?

While I do work, in Germany we have a dual education system. We learn our job, for that we go to school every now and then. Every Tuesday and Thursday is when I have school, so I will be able to attend the full raiding time from 20:30 to 23:30 on Monday and Wednsday. On Thursday, I will have to go offline at 10PM so I can wake up to work the next day.

Why did you choose us to apply to? Any reasons why we should recruit you?

I have read both the forum thread and the ones on this website. I would love to be a part of your team as it's just what I am searching for, aside from the raiding time a bit. A team of raiders putting the real life in front of the game, that still want to accomplish something ingame.

I think I'd be a good fit for your team as I always want to improve myself and help out the team as much as I can. I'm willing to try a boss over and over if it's the call, even if it takes a whole raid to down a single boss because at some point I'm determined and want to see that boss downed.

How did you find out about us?

I saw your forum post.

Elsayn
Veteran

re: [Declined] Selectium, 110 UH/Blood DK

Hi Selectium,

Thank you for taking the time to apply. Unfortunately due to the number of DK's we currently have this application is not to the standard I would need to consider bringing in another. As such I'm going to have to decline your application at this time. Thank you again.

- Elsayn

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Uprising Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum